Read COVID-19 Updates
Spring Break Coronavirus Reminders
You may feel inundated as it seems there is information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) nearly everywhere you go. Currently there are zero confirmed cases in Ohio but as many of us prepare for trips and visits to attractions over spring break I want to provide some important reminders.
Stay informed with the latest, factual information. Visithttps://www.cdc.gov/ for up-to-date information about Covid-19 and any confirmed cases where you live and the areas where you will be traveling.
Practice simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you need to seek medical care contact your provider before arriving and communicate your symptoms.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Please be safe and enjoy your spring break.
Susan Wajert, Ph.D.
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, all face-to-face lecture class meetings will be offered in the online format until further notice.Continue Reading
Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley is looking for applicants from nursing students and nurses seeking to advance their educations during the 2020-2021 academic year.Continue Reading
Mercy College hosts Forensic FridayContinue Reading