Spring Break Coronavirus Reminders
You may feel inundated as it seems there is information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) nearly everywhere you go. Currently there are zero confirmed cases in Ohio but as many of us prepare for trips and visits to attractions over spring break I want to provide some important reminders.
Stay informed with the latest, factual information. Visithttps://www.cdc.gov/ for up-to-date information about Covid-19 and any confirmed cases where you live and the areas where you will be traveling.
Practice simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you need to seek medical care contact your provider before arriving and communicate your symptoms.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Please be safe and enjoy your spring break.
Susan Wajert, Ph.D.