Testing CenterJump to related links
The Testing Center works with faculty and students to provide the highest standard of excellence in test proctoring services.
Our Testing Center adheres to the National College Testing Association's Standards for test proctoring. Security cameras are also used to assist in monitoring of testing areas.
Testing Center Services
- Tests for students with assigned accommodations*
- Make up exams/quizzes
- Placement Tests
- Verification of Distance Education External Proctors
Testing Center Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and other times by prior appointment. The Testing Center is not open on Saturdays and Sundays.
Students are responsible for scheduling their own appointments, and must be made 48 hours in advance. Students must show a valid ID to be provided testing materials.
Students can schedule test appointments in the following ways:
Please Note: Students who require accommodations must notify the Testing Center when scheduling appointments, and must provide a copy of their Accommodations Notification letter when arriving for the test appointment.
For assistance with accommodations, please contact:
Office of Accessibility Services
The Proctor Request Form below is used for students taking online (distance education) courses who are required to take a proctored exam but who do not live near campus. To ensure enough time for proctor review and verification, requests must be submitted a minimum of three weeks in advance of the test date. Verified proctors will not be provided with testing materials unless an appointment date and time can be confirmed.
To increase the likelihood of getting your proctor approved, please try to request one of the following preferred types of proctors:
- A Testing Staff member at Mercy College
- A proctor at any standardized testing center of your choosing
- A proctor at an institution of higher education
- Faculty or staff member at an institution of higher education
- Educational staff for an exam provided on a military base or embassy
- A proctor employed by a public library
After your form is submitted you will receive an email within approximately one week notifying you of the status of your proctor's verification process. If the proctor cannot be approved, you will be notified and required to submit a new form to request a different proctor. Family members, friends, and/or coworkers will not be verified.
Please use the link below to submit an exam to the Testing Center. Tests should be submitted a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the test date. Testing materials can be attached electronically to the form submission, or can be emailed to the Testing Center. Tests and instructions can also be dropped off at the Testing Center during office hours.
Please contact the Testing Center for any questions and/or assistance with test submissions.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 419-251-2106
- Toll Free Phone Number: 1-888-80-MERCY Toll Free
- Location: Fifth floor Madison (M5802)
- Hours: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (M-Th), Open 8 a.m. to Noon (F)