Read COVID-19 Updates
Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the sixth floor of the College at the Student Records Office or through the graduation application link below. Please complete your graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor will review your plan of study with you and must sign your graduation application for it to be complete.
Completed graduation applications are to be submitted to your academic advisor or returned to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown location) with an advisor signature.
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
|Spring 2020||Friday, November 8, 2019|
|Summer 2020*||Monday, February 3, 2020|
|Fall 2020**||Friday, July 3, 2020|
*Summer graduates are invited to walk in the Spring Commencement ceremony prior to their final semester.
**Fall 2020 cap and gown ordering and RSVP information will be updated in September 2020
Document .pdfGraduation Application
Complete this graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor.Download
May Commencement Ceremonies – Toledo and Youngstown
After much deliberation and with great sadness, we are cancelling graduation May 1, 2020, in Toledo and May 7, 2020, in Youngstown. This decision was made with a heavy heart by all of us as we continue to consider as our top priority the safety and well-being of students and their guests, as well as faculty/staff and other attendees. Those who are planning to graduate in May will be invited to participate in the December commencement ceremony. We know this is one of the most exciting times in your life and want you to experience graduation with your family and friends. The fall Toledo Commencement Ceremony is currently scheduled for Thursday, December 17, 2020, and in Youngstown, the Ceremony is scheduled for Friday, December 18, 2020. If these dates change, we will keep you informed.
December Commencement Information
Congratulations! The Mercy College community is proud of how hard you have worked to earn your degree!
To celebrate your achievement, Commencement will occur at 6:00 p.m. on
Thursday, December 17, 2020, at the Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle for the Toledo Campus and at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 18, 2020, at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church for the Youngstown location.
RSVP for Commencement and Ordering Your Cap and Gown
Please be sure to order your cap and gown and RSVP (links below) for the event by November 1, 2020. Those graduates originally attending the Spring commencement ceremony who plan to attend the December ceremony, be sure to RSVP for the December ceremony.
Cap and Gown Order Deadline
The deadline to order your Cap and Gown through Jostens is November 1 to ensure you receive your regalia by the Monday before the Commencement date. Please place your order immediately to avoid late fees.
• Caps and gowns are priced differently per student, depending on the degree you are earning.
• You must purchase the gown that corresponds with your degree. (For example Bachelor's degree students must purchase the Bachelor's degree package which includes the cap, gown, and hood.)
Instructions for Ordering Your Cap and Gown
- Go to: jostens.com
- Next to Get Started Now type in Mercy College of Ohio and select
- Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Choose: Student Toledo Campus 2020 Grad OR Student Youngstown Campus 2020 Grad
- Click on either the Certificate or Associate or Bachelor (depending on the certification/degree you are earning or have earned as of the 2020 academic year)
- Click on the Customize It button
- Enter your height and weight and click on Next
- Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2020 academic year and click on Complete
- Click on Add to Cart
- Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
- Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
RSVP for December Commencement
Please RSVP online for the commencement ceremony by the November 1 deadline.
The location of the ceremony for which you are invited to attend is contingent upon the home location of your certificate or degree program. The home location for all programs, other than A.S. Nursing Youngstown Day and Evening programs, is the Toledo Campus.
Graduates are asked to dress in appropriate attire under their academic regalia. Business or casual business attire is recommended for the event. Comfortable dress shoes should be worn that will allow for ease of taking stairs and walking across the stage. Academic regalia should not
be altered for the event (ex. decoration of cap).
- The Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle is located at 2445 Monroe St. Toledo, OH 43620.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 5:00 p.m. for sign-in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions in the Green Room of the Art Museum. Guests will be able to enter the Peristyle beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement Ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to five per graduate.
- You can enter the Peristyle through the Museum on either the Monroe Street Entrance or the Lincoln side Entrance. Parking for the days’ events will be in the designated Toledo Museum of Art parking lots.
- Please reference the Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle Map for location and parking directions.
- St. Columba Cathedral is located at 159 W Rayen Ave, Youngstown, OH 44503.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 4:00 p.m. for sign-in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions. Guests will be able to enter the church at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to five per graduate.
- Please reference the St. Columba Cathedral map for location and parking directions.
More information and a timeline of the event will be provided via email. If you have any questions, please email the Student Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diploma and Honor Cords
Diplomas and honor cords are provided at Commencement to eligible graduates. For eligible graduates unable to receive their diploma at Commencement, diplomas are available to pick up at the Office of Student Records the week following the end of the semester. Diplomas are mailed to graduates two weeks after the end of the semester. Upon request, honor cords and diploma covers are available to eligible graduates who do not participate in Commencement or who graduate during the Summer term.
Toledo and Youngstown students and alumni have the opportunity to order a beautiful custom Mercy College of Ohio diploma frame. These frames are embossed with the Mercy College Seal and will allow you to display your diploma with pride. Build your own custom frame at UniversityFrames.com. Frames are shipped to you directly. Please feel free to stop by the Mercy College Clothing Store to see a sample.
Diploma sizes are as follows:
Certificate: 5x7 inches
Associate and Bachelor's: 8x10 inches
Master's: 8.5x11 inches