Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the sixth floor of the College at the Student Records Office or through the graduation application link below. Please complete your graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor will review your plan of study with you and must sign your graduation application for it to be complete.
Completed graduation applications are to be submitted to your academic advisor or returned to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown location) with an advisor signature.
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
|Fall 2019||Friday, July 5, 2019|
|Spring 2020***||Friday, November 8, 2019|
|Summer 2020*||Monday, February 1, 2020|
|Fall 2020**||Friday, July 30, 2020|
*Summer graduates are invited to walk in the Spring Commencement ceremony prior to their final semester.
***Spring 2020 commencement information will be updated in January 2020.
**Fall 2020 cap and gown ordering and RSVP information will be updated in September 2020
Document .pdfGraduation Application
Complete this graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor.Download
Fall Commencement Information
Congratulations! The Mercy College community is proud of how hard you have worked to earn your degree!
To celebrate your achievement, Commencement will occur at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 19, 2019, at the Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle for the Toledo Campus and at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2019, at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Basilica for the Youngstown location.
Please be sure to order your cap and gown and RSVP (links below) for the event by the November 12, 2019 deadline.
Cap and Gown Order Deadline
The deadline to order your Cap and Gown through Jostens is November 12th to ensure you receive your regalia by the Monday before the Commencement date. Please place your order immediately to avoid late fees.
• Caps and gowns are priced differently per student, depending on the degree you are earning.
• You must purchase the gown that corresponds with your degree. (For example Bachelor's degree students must purchase the Bachelor's degree package which includes the cap, gown, and hood.)
Instructions for Ordering Your Cap and Gown
Go to: jostens.com
Next to Get Started Now type in Mercy College of Ohio and select
Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
Choose: Student Toledo Campus 2019 Grad OR Student Youngstown Campus 2019 Grad
Click on either the Certificate or Associate or Bachelor (depending on the certification/degree you are earning or have earned as of the 2019 academic year)
Click on the Customize It button
Enter your height and weight and click on Next
Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2019 academic year and click on Complete
Click on Add to Cart
Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
RSVP for Commencement
Please RSVP online for the commencement ceremony by the November 12 deadline.
RSVP Fall Commencement Toledo
RSVP Fall Commencement Youngstown
The location of the ceremony for which you are invited to attend is contingent upon the home location of your certificate or degree program. The home location for all programs, other than A.S. Nursing Youngstown Day and Evening programs, is the Toledo Campus.
Graduates are asked to dress in appropriate attire under their academic regalia. Business or casual business attire is recommended for the event. Comfortable dress shoes should be worn that will allow for ease of taking stairs and walking across the stage. Academic regalia should not be altered for the event (ex. decoration of cap).
- The Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle is located at 2445 Monroe St. Toledo, OH 43620.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 5:00 p.m. for sign in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions in the Green Room of the Art Musuem. Guests will be able to enter the Peristyle beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement Ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to seven per graduate.
- You can enter the Peristyle through the Museum on either the Monroe Street Entrance or the Lincoln side Entrance. Parking for the days’ events will be in the designated Toledo Museum of Art parking lots.
- Please reference the Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle Map for location and parking directions.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Basilica is located at 343 Mt. Carmel Ave., Youngstown, OH 44505.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 4:00 p.m. for sign in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions. Guests will be able to enter the church at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to seven per graduate.
- You can enter the church through the main entrance from the Mt Carmel Avenue entrance. Parking for the days’ event will be in the designated church parking lots.
- Please reference the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Basilica map for location and parking directions.
More information and a timeline of the event will be provided via email in late November. If you have any questions, please email the Student Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diploma and Honor Cords
Diplomas and honor cords are provided at Commencement to eligible graduates. For eligible graduates unable to receive their diploma at Commencement, diplomas are available to pick up at the Office of Student Records the week following the end of the semester. Diplomas are mailed to graduates two weeks after the end of the semester. Upon request, honor cords and diploma covers are available to eligible graduates who do not participate in Commencement or who graduate during the Summer term.
Toledo and Youngstown students and alumni have the opportunity to order a beautiful custom Mercy College of Ohio diploma frame. These frames are embossed with the Mercy College Seal and will allow you to display your diploma with pride. Build your own custom frame at UniversityFrames.com. Frames are shipped to you directly. Please feel free to stop by the Mercy College Clothing Store to see a sample.
Diploma sizes are as follows:
Certificate: 5x7 inches
Associate and Bachelor's: 8x10 inches
Master's: 8.5x11 inches