Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the sixth floor of the College at the Student Records Office or through the graduation application link below. Please complete your graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor will review your plan of study with you, and must sign your graduation application for it to be complete. Completed graduation applications are to be returned to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown location).
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
|Fall 2018||Friday, June 29, 2018|
|Spring 2019*||Friday, November 2, 2018|
|Summer 2019**||Monday, January 28, 2019|
*Spring Commencement information will be provided in January 2019.
**Summer graduates are invited to walk in the Spring 2019 Commencement.
Document .pdfGraduation Application
Complete this graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor.Download
Fall Commencement Information
Congratulations! The Mercy College community is proud of how hard you have worked to earn your degree!
To celebrate your achievement, Commencement will occur at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018, at Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral for the Toledo Campus and at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 13, 2018, at Our Lady of Mount Caramel Basilica for the Youngstown location.
Please be sure to order your cap and gown and RSVP (links below) for the event by the November 7, 2018 deadline.
Cap and Gown Order Deadline
The deadline to order your Cap and Gown through Jostens is November 7. Please place your order immediately to avoid late fees.
- Caps and gowns are priced differently per student, depending on the degree you are earning.
- You must purchase the gown that corresponds with your degree. (For example Bachelor's degree students must purchase the Bachelor's degree package which includes the cap, gown, and hood.)
- Graduation announcements will be made available for order through Jostens. Be certain to select the correct location of the ceremony for your announcements
Instructions for Ordering Your Cap and Gown
- Go to: jostens.com
- Next to Get Started Now type in Mercy College of Ohio and select
- Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Choose: Student Toledo Campus 2018 Grad OR Student Youngstown Campus 2018 Grad
- Click on either the Certificate or Associate or Bachelor (depending on the certification/degree you are earning or have earned as of the 2018 academic year)
- Click on the Customize It button
- Enter your height and weight and click on Next
- Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2018 academic year and click on Complete
- Click on Add to Cart
- Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
- Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
RSVP for Commencement
Please RSVP online for the commencement ceremony by the November 7 deadline.
The location of the ceremony for which you are invited to attend is contingent upon the home location of your certificate or degree program. The home location for all programs, other than A.S. Nursing Youngstown Day and Evening programs, is the Toledo Campus.
- Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral is located at 2535 Collingwood Blvd., Toledo, OH 43610.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 5:00 p.m. for sign in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions in the Monsignor Smith Auditorium. Guests will be able to enter the Cathedral beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement Ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to seven per graduate.
- You can enter the Cathedral through the front doors facing Collingwood Blvd. and the Monsignor Smith Auditorium through the side doors facing the handicap/reserved parking area. Parking for the days’ events will be FREE in the designated parking lots on the corner of Delaware Ave and Collingwood Blvd. and on the corner of Collingwood Blvd. and Melrose Ave.
- Please reference the Rosary Cathedral Map for location and parking directions.
- The Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Basilica is located at 343 Via Mt. Carmel Ave., Toledo, OH 44505.
- Graduates will be notified when to arrive for sign in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions in the weeks leading up to the event. Guests will be able to enter the church at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to seven per graduate.
- Parking for the days’ event will be FREE in the designated Our Lady of Mt. Caramel Basilica parking lots.
- Please reference the Mount Caramel Basilica Map for location and parking directions.
- For questions regarding Youngstown Commencement please contact Darnell LaRosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and a timeline of the event will be provided via email in late November. If you have any questions, please email the Student Records Office at email@example.com.
Diploma and Honor Cords
Diplomas and honor cords are provided at Commencement to eligible graduates. For eligible graduates unable to receive their diploma at Commencement, diplomas are available to pick up at the Office of Student Records the week following the end of the semester. Diplomas are mailed to graduates two weeks after the end of the semester. Upon request, honor cords and diploma covers are available to eligible graduates who do not participate in Commencement or who graduate during the Summer term.
Toledo and Youngstown students and alumni have the opportunity to order a beautiful custom Mercy College of Ohio diploma frame. These frames are embossed with the Mercy College Seal and will allow you to display your diploma with pride. Build your own custom frame at UniversityFrames.com. Frames are shipped to you directly. Please feel free to stop by the Mercy College Clothing Store to see a sample.
Diploma sizes are as follows:
Certificate: 5x7 inches
Associate and Bachelor's: 8x10 inches
Master's: 8x11 inches