Student CouncilJump to related links
Make the most of your campus experience by taking advantage of various leadership opportunities offered through involvement in the Student Council (SC).
Serving as the governing body for the College, the SC:
- Represents the needs and aspirations of all students at Mercy College of Ohio.
- Maintains channels of communication between students, faculty, and administration of Mercy College of Ohio.
- Advises the Division of Student Affairs regarding the best use of the student activity fee for the purposes of support for student engagement and capital improvement projects.
- Guides and inspires colleagues by upholding the moral integrity and professional standards of mature, respectable student leaders.
The Mercy College of Ohio SC is comprised of:
- An Executive Board
- Academic Program representatives
- Affinity Councils
- A Student Activities Board
- Academic Associations
For additional information regarding roles and responsibilities, please review the current SGA Constitution.
As the voice of the student body, it is the responsibility of the SC to vigorously represent the student perspective and regularly engage in meaningful dialogue with the College administration, faculty, and staff. Active involvement in the SC is an excellent opportunity for students to meet peers with similar interests, develop leadership skills, and positively contribute to the Mercy College community. All students—land-based or online; Toledo campus location; certificate, associate, bachelor's, or master's degree-seeking--are welcome to participate in their SC.
Questions on student organizations or how to get involved?
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding for Campus Programming
Mercy College faculty and staff interested in pursuing funding for campus-wide programming events can request funds from the SC.