Funding for Campus ProgrammingJump to related links
Recognizing that faculty and staff often propose programs that will benefit the entire campus but are beyond the financial means of their department budgets, a small portion of the Student Activity Fee budget has been set aside to help support these student-focused events and initiatives.
- Faculty or staff member (Requestor) completes a Campus Student Programming Funding Request at least 4 weeks in advance of the event/purchase.
- The request is received by the SGA Director of Finance and Director of Student Life.
- The requestor will be notified of the date and time when funding request will be up for consideration before the SGA.
- At the SGA meeting, the Requestor will be asked to review and field questions regarding the funding request. Following discussion, the SGA will vote on approving the request and Requestor will subsequently be notified.
- Regarding payments:
- Check requests require 3 to 4 weeks advanced notice.
- Use of the college credit card requires at least one-week advanced notice.
- Approved programs or initiatives must directly involve or impact Mercy College students.
- If there will be a cost for participation/attendance, the student rate must be lower than the non-student rate.
- A single request may not exceed $2,000.
- Departments are limited to one funding request per semester.