Exit Loan Counseling

Jump to related links

Online Student Loan Counseling enables you to complete the student loan exit counseling requirements anytime, anywhere.

Click the link below if you are graduating or withdrawing from Mercy College and borrowed federal loans. Please note if you are withdrawing from Mercy College, you must notify the Office of Student Records to officially withdraw.

Complete your student loan exit counseling requirements now.

Get Started

Helpful Documents

  • Document .pdfDirect Loan Exit Counseling Guide

    This guide provides an overview of information you will need to successfully repay the federal student loan(s) that you’ve received to help pay for your college costs under the Direct Loan Program and the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program.

  • Document .pdfBSMH Employee Student Loan Repayment Information

    Information regarding student loan repayment procedures and processes for BSMH employees.


Repayment Options

For more information on loan repayment options, please visit

  • External LinkStandard Repayment Plan

    The Standard Repayment Plan is the basic repayment plan for loans from the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program and Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program.

    Visit Link
  • External LinkExtended Repayment PLan

    The Extended Repayment Plan allows you to repay your loans over an extended period of time.

    Visit Link
  • External LinkGraduated Repayment Plan

    The Graduated Repayment Plan starts with lower payments that increase every two years.

    Visit Link
  • External LinkIncome-Driven Repayment Plans

    If your federal student loan payments are high compared to your income, you may want to repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan.

    Visit Link
  • External LinkIncome-Sensitive Repayment Plans

    The Income-Sensitive Repayment Plan is available to low-income borrowers who have Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans.

    Visit Link
  • External LinkPublic Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)

    If you are employed by a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization, you might be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Visit the PSLF site to see whether you might qualify.

    Visit Link

Student Loan Ombudsman Contact Information

Online AssistanceResolving Disputes
MailFSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633

If you have questions regarding your student loans and repayment, please feel free to email or call.

Financial Aid Office
419-251-1219 or 1-888-80-MERCY, ext. 1-1219