September 20, 2022
Rave Alert System Test
Submitted by Jeff Metzger
Mercy College has partnered with Rave Wireless to provide an emergency alert system capable of delivering messages to your college and personal email addresses, as well as your land line and cell phone. There will be a test of the Mercy College Rave alert system on Tuesday, September 27 at noon. Current students, faculty, and staff are automatically enrolled in Rave. To review or adjust your preferences visit the Rave Alert System page.
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
COVID Vaccine and Booster available at St. Vincent
Mercy Health St. Vincent will offer COVID-19 single booster Vaccinations in the Conference Center Auditorium on Tuesday, September 20th, from 3PM to 8PM and Thursday, September 22nd from 11am to 4pm. All bivalent COVID-19 vaccine products will be available for administration. Use the link for scheduling your appointment via the ODH’s “get the shot” website and outlined key vaccine administration points below:
Associates are encouraged to get vaccinated for flu and COVID-19 as vaccination remains the best intervention to protect ourselves and others
Pfizer- BioNTech Bivalent COVID-19 Vaccine
- Booster doses are approved for individuals 12 and up, two months after completion of their primary vaccine series or their most recent booster with any authorized or approved monovalent vaccine(J&J Janssen, Moderna, Novavax, Pfizer BioNTech, and others)
Moderna Bivalent COVID-19 Vaccine
- Booster doses are approved for individuals 18 and up, two months after completion of their primary vaccine series or their most recent booster with any authorized or approved monovalent vaccine(J&J Janssen, Moderna, Novavax, Pfizer BioNTech, and others)
Directions for Mercy Health associates, and providers to register for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna Bivalent Covid-19 Booster Vaccine provided by Mercy Health:
- Click on the following link: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Click Check Eligibility and Book My Appointment
- Complete the Questionnaire and enter access code: B36ZHKFQJ7
You must enter the Access Code provided even though the website states “optional”
- Enter your preferred vaccine site location: (Toledo, Ohio)
- Click “See Availability”
- Make sure you select the correct date on the calendar and select your time
- Click “Continue”
- Complete all the information and click “Continue”
- You are required are NOT required enter your Medical Insurance Information. There is no charge for the vaccine.
- You will be sent a security code, enter it and complete appointment
- Please make sure to bring your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to your appointment if you are scheduled to receive the single booster dose.
- Please make sure you eat and drink plenty of fluids prior to receiving the vaccine
Submitted by Rev. Gerald Cameron
Celebrate Heritage Week!
In case you missed the email last week and you are having issues with the MENU on the Mercy College website:
Users of the website have experienced issues with the MENU button not working properly. Not everyone has had problems as the issues have impacted some people on some devices.
If when you go to www.mercycollege.edu the MENU button does work properly press CONTROL F5. If this does not work then clear your browser CACHE by:
Keyboard Shortcut for Most Browsers
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
- Select History.
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side. Set the Time Range set to All Time. ...
- If on a Windows computer, close and re-open Chrome to save your changes.
If you continue to have issues, please contact a member of the IT team.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.