December 16, 2019
News from Trevor Bates
Faculty and Staff Colleagues,
In reflecting on 2019, I offer three challenges to the community:
Challenge 1 - consider all that we have accomplished together and thank someone who has supported and/or contributed to your work.
Challenge 2 - finish strong, our students will need our best to the very last minute of the semester, this is a part of the Mercy Difference!
Challenge 3 - consider what you can do to enhance the student educational experience directly and/or indirectly in your role for 2020 and beyond
This week, we are finalizing submissions to the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Higher Learning Commission related to new academic program development for a:
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies program (projected Summer 2021 start)
- RN to MSN program (projected Fall 2020 start)
The College Catalog review process has begun and we hope to learn from previous experiences to produce the best product in the timeliest fashion.
Many collaborative conversation are underway that you will hear more about in 2020:
- Updating our Academic Calendar
- Improving our review process for course scheduling
- Development of Strategic Enrollment Plan and Report
- Faculty efforts to enhancing the BSN curriculum to enhance student outcomes
- Enhancing marketing surrounding our Biology major including adding new articulation agreements
- Recognition of Excellence 2020 - start thinking about colleagues who you can nominate for recognition
- Exploring the notion of a Mercy Experience graduation requirement that captures the "Mercy Difference"
- Development of new academic policies related to Academic Freedom/Freedom of Speech and Sabbaticals
- Improving and connecting evaluation and rank promotion processes for Faculty - including adding Workday "Check-Ins"
- Development a comprehensive teaching, learning, innovation resource center for Faculty that also benefits the College community
- Developing Phase of 3 our HLC institutional accreditation efforts to address the newest set of Higher Learning Commission accreditation standards that go into effect in 2020.
Congratulations on another productive year, I hope to see many of you at Commencement in Toledo and Youngstown!
Mercy College Ranked #9 on Best Online Schools in Ohio List
Submitted by Denise Hudgin
Study.com ranked Mercy College of Ohio a 2020 top online school in Ohio. Mercy College was ranked #9 based on the excellent online programs, academic and career resources for online students and the quality of education and faculty. Read more about why Mercy College was selected at Best Online Colleges in Ohio.
Mercy Café Menu
Mercy Café Menu
Items Sent to Students via Inside Mercy College
Mercy Café Menu - see above
Mercy College Ranked #9 on Best Online Schools in Ohio List - see above
Food Pantry is Available
submitted by Kristen Porter
Worried about your next meal?
You're not alone. 1 in 3 college students could use help with their meals. We can help!
Food is available at the Mercy College Food Pantry.
Request food here: www.tinyurl.com/MCfoodpantry
Learn more about the Mercy College Food Pantry.
Sell Your Used Textbooks
submitted by Beverly Miller
Mercy College and Matthews Medical Books have partnered to offer students the opportunity to sell their used textbooks. Visit www.mercyohbooks.com December 16, 2019, through January 3, 2020, for instructions, pricing, and to sell your used textbooks.
Ahh Day on Monday, December 16
submitted by Suzanne Hall
Massage therapists are on the Toledo campus on Monday, December 16 from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. to provide free massages to students during finals week. New this year, the therapists will be set up in the main waiting area of the Counseling and Wellness Services offices on the 5th floor of Madison, room 5718. Students are encouraged to also visit the Relaxation and Sensory Room next door during this time. We do offer walk-in massages as available, so feel free to stop into the Counseling and Wellness Services area if you haven't signed up for spots.
Mercy College Email 2 Factor Authentication Required
submitted by Dave Burgin
As part of a continuing program to better secure our computer network and your information, Bon Secours Mercy Health and Mercy College of Ohio implemented 2-factor authentication for accessing our email system. This process will impact accessing your Mercy College email via any smart device as well as using your web browser on any device. Please check your email for instructions that were sent out on how to install software on your smartphone. You can also find the information on the Mercy College IT Help page.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.