Full Tuition and Fees Covered! Learn More
Healthcare Administration MinorJump to related links
Why pursue a Healthcare Administration minor?
Knowledge of the business side of health care will enable you to stand out among applicants if you are beginning or looking to advance in your career. The minor in Healthcare Administration is specifically designed to complement all of Mercy College’s degree programs with a curriculum that will enhance your understanding of the business of health care.
A minor in Healthcare Administration will have you well on your way to the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration completion degree should you choose to pursue it in the future. This minor is delivered entirely online providing the convenience and flexibility necessary to schedule around any degree program.
Students pursuing a minor in Healthcare Administration now also have the option to take one or more (maximum of six credit-hours) 500 level graduate courses at the undergraduate tuition rate. The course options are part of the Master of Health Administration (MHA) program. More information about the MHA fast-track option is below.
Required Course(s) (3 credit hours)
HCA 301: Introduction to the United States Healthcare System (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (15 credit hours) - Choose from the following:
- HCA 310: Organizational Behavior in Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- HCA 312: Human Resource Management in Healthcare Organizations (3 credit hours)
- HCA 316: Healthcare Information Systems (3 credit hours)
- HCA 318: Principles of Healthcare Marketing (3 credit hours)
- HCA 330: Principles of Accounting for Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- HCA 410: Introduction to Healthcare Finance (3 credit hours)
- HCA 412: Healthcare Law and Ethics (3 credit hours)
- HCA 419: Reimbursement, Insurance, and Managed Care (3 credit hours)
- HCA 420: Fundamentals of Healthcare Economics (3 credit hours)
- HCA 435: Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (3 credit hours)
- HCA 440: Fundamentals of Population Health for Healthcare Administrators (3 credit hours)
- HCA 450: Healthcare Management (3 credit hours)
- IMG 470: Medical Imaging Management (3 credit hours)