July 26, 2022
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Announcing the Grand Opening of the NEW Mercy College Marketplace
Submitted by Sherri Webster
The Mercy Health gift shop and the college Store have combined and will be called the Mercy College Marketplace. The Mercy College Marketplace will be located on the 1st floor of Jefferson down the hall from the café (location of the previous Mercy Health gift shop).
Come to the grand opening on August 8, 2022, and check out all the exciting products! The Mercy College Marketplace will be open Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Empower Downtime on July 30
Submitted by Jeff Metzger
Empower will be unavailable for up to 4 hours on Saturday, July 30 beginning at 9:00 p.m. The vendor will be performing system maintenance. No students, faculty, or staff will have access to Empower during that time, so please plan accordingly.
Submitted by Jessie Coombs
On Thursday, July 21, the Admissions team hosted a Nursing Information Session where we invited prospective students to visit the campus, participate in a presentation by nursing faculty, and tour the nursing skills lab and simulation center. We hosted 16 ASN students and 7 BSN students. Thank you to Karla Vitte and Dr. Gail Lis for assisting with the presentations. Of the 23 attendees, 13 have completed an application for Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 semesters.
Reminder: Booster Campaign Underway
COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINATIONS
- This summer, we’re celebrating those who are taking the next step to protect themselves and their loved ones with a “Booster Bonus” sweepstakes.
- Now through Aug. 31, associates who’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine booster and submitted proof in Workday will be entered to win 10,000 Called to Shine points!
- The vaccine booster is voluntary, but an important way to practice self-care and keep your loved ones and community safe.
- Sweepstakes’ winners will be selected on Aug. 1 and Sept. 1.
- If you’ve already submitted your booster in Workday, you’re all set and eligible to win!
- Find FAQs, instructions for entering proof in Workday and more on BSMH Central.
Volunteer at the GAF with the Alumni Association
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
The Mercy College Alumni Association is in need of volunteers to cover 70 total shifts for the German American Festival (GAF) in Oregon, OH from Friday, August 26 to Sunday, August 29. Shifts range from 3 to 4 hours and responsibilities include checking IDs and providing age-appropriate individuals with wristbands for beverages. Volunteers must be 16 years or older. All volunteers will receive $5 worth of tickets that can be used for food or drinks, as well as FREE entrance into the festival for the FULL weekend. If interested, please click here to sign up.
The GAF provides compensation to the Alumni Association for these volunteer efforts. Funds raised are used to support student scholarships and annual alumni events.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.