February 17, 2020
Academic Affairs Update
- Ms. Michelle Pollauf is a new Assistant Professor of Nursing, she joined the College in November 2019
- Dr. Padmaja Nandigama is a new Assistant Professor of Psychology, she joined the College in January 2020
- Dr. Mbonu “Ike” Ikezuagu, MD, is the new Medical Director for the MPAS, he joined 01/02/2020
- Ms. Alyssa Mewha, is the new Clinical Coordinator for the MPAS, she joined the College on 10/28/19
- Ms. Rebecca Gorski is the new Library Assistant, she joined the College in January 2020
- Ms. Sarah Mason is the new Associate Registrar and will start on March 2, 2020
- Assistant Dean of Nursing search underway - search firm secured
- Religion faculty search underway - offer extended
- Assistant Professor of English, Mr. Victor Monroe, announced he will retire in May 2020.
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Institutional Reaffirmation comprehensive 10-year review
- Institutional Actions Committee (IAC) review in March
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) – summer 2021 projected start
- Obtained ODHE approval, submitted to HLC to supplement HLC change application
- Approval obtained to advertise the program externally
- Report with both ODHE and HLC approval is due to the ARC-PA in March
- First ARC-PA accreditation site visit to be scheduled in June
- RN to MSN – Fall 2020 projected start
- Obtained ODHE approval, submitted to HLC change application that is currently under review
ACADEMIC COLLABORATIVE PROJECT UPDATES
- Study Abroad Exploration with BS Memorial School of Nursing – Ireland trip planned for summer 2020
- BSN Program – major curricular revision including the addition of an Accelerated BSN program start
- Enhancing Interprofessional Education and Simulation opportunities, simulation center now open
- Course Cross Listing and Scheduling Improvement Processes, goal is efficiency
- Mercy Experience Graduation / Core Curriculum Investigation
- Integrated Software to connect College documents (Catalog, Handbooks, etc.) and Website Investigation
- Improving Clinical and Academic Affiliation Agreement Development and Maintenance Processes
- Diversification of Biology with a focus on pre-professional / pre-medical programming, new website
- Focus on faculty relationships – coffee or lunch with VPAA
- Academic Assessment – institutional goals assessment process under review
- Faculty Development – 3 days – Teaching, Scholarship, Service
- Faculty Advancement – evaluation and promotion policies and procedures under review
- Strategic Enrollment Committee – moving forward an agenda to develop and implement a plan to collaboratively improve enrollment and retention outcomes
- Staffing Needs Assessment project in Academic Affairs
- New Program Development process and tool development – led by Program Directors
- HLC Stage III – keeping institutional assessment at the forefront, annual updates
- College-wide Hiring and Onboarding Guide is available via SharePoint
- Hiring manager training hosted by Academic Council in January, more to come.
- Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation – development of a need assessment survey is underway
- MPAS program development – personnel, clinical preceptors/sites, construction, accreditation (see above)
Please contact me with questions about any the items listed above.
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Items Sent to Students via Inside Mercy College
Mercy Café Menu - see above
CEO-GRAM - see below
Getting the Most Out of Your Textbooks
submitted by Tracy Darr
You can join live at 4 in M2630 on Thursday, February 20, or join online at https://mercycollege.adobeconnect.com/textbooks/
Apply for Scholarships!
submitted by Julie Leslie
Don't forget to submit your scholarship application by the February 28, 2020 deadline. Questions? Contact the financial aid office at 419-251-1219 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply Now: http://www.mercycollege.edu/scholarships
Sleep Hacks: Better Sleep Strategies Workshop
submitted by Suzanne Hall
Do you struggle with sleep, or wish you knew how to improve your sleep? Plan to attend the workshop "Sleep Hacks: Better Sleep Strategies Workshop" to gain a better understanding of the sleep process, why we need sleep and strategies for improving sleep. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, February 19 from 11 a.m. to Noon in Jefferson 3407. Food and giveaways will be provided. If you would like to join online, please follow the link:
For questions or more information, please contact Suzanne Hall at 419-251-1454 or email@example.com.
Financial Fair - Week of Wellness
submitted by Kristen Porter
Do you like saving money? Would you like some tips on ways to save? Stop by the Financial Fair in J3406.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Learn about money-saving tricks for clothing, banking, transportation, food and much more. There will be tables set up with information about how to save money, with the opportunity to WIN RAFFLE PRIZES, which include gift cards, laundry supplies, car essentials and more! Students who attend the event will be provided lunch/supper! We hope to see you there!
For more information contact - Kristen Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-251-1339) or Tracy Darr (email@example.com, 419-251-1882).
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.