Check out the upcoming sessions! Learn More
August 2, 2022
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Alumni Department Gearing Up for Busy August/September
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
See below for a full list of events where Alumni/Friends can be found:
- Saturday, August 6: Volunteering at Taco and Margarita Festival - Sign up to volunteer!
- Friday, August 12: Alumni Welcome at PA White Coat Ceremony
- Thursday, August 18: Alumni Welcome at Nursing Pinning Ceremony
- Friday, August 26: Alumni Welcome at PA Stethoscope Ceremony
- Friday, August 26 – Sunday, August 28: Volunteering at German American Festival - Sign up to volunteer!
- Friday, September 16: Networking at Detroit Tigers Game (Sponsored by Student Life)
- Wednesday, September 21 – Thursday, September 22: Auxiliary Nutman Sale on Campus
- Saturday, September 24 – Sunday, September 25: Alumni and Friends Weekend (Mercy Mile Walk, Alumni Reunion and Banquet, Mass, Brunch) - Register or order your alumni shirt!
Mercy College Marketplace Grand Opening
Submitted by Sherri Webster
The Mercy Health gift shop and the college Store have combined and will be called the Mercy College Marketplace. The Mercy College Marketplace will be located down the hall from the café (location of the previous Mercy Health gift shop).
Come to the grand opening on August 8, 2022, and check out all the exciting products! The Mercy College Marketplace will be open Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mercy College hosted a Healthcare Worker Wednesday virtual session on Wednesday July 27 via zoom. Thank you to all those program directors, faculty, and staff that participated. We hosted a total of 38 participants.
10- ASN (2 prospects, 5 AP, 3 Accepted/Enrolled)
2- ASRT ( 1 Applicant, 1 Enrolled)
1- Surgical tech ( 1 prospect)
1- Biology (1 prospect)
9- BSN/ABSN ( 5 applicants, 1 prospect, 3 Accepted/Enrolled)
2- Community health Worker ( 1 applicant, 1 prospect)
2- EMT/Paramedic ( 1 applicant, 1 prospect)
2- HCA ( 1 applicant, 1 prospect)
2-HIT/Medical Coding (2 applicants)
2- MHA ( 1 applicant, 1 prospect)
1- Medical Imaging (Applicant)
1- Polysomnographic Technology (Accepted)
3- RN to BSN ( 1 applicant, 2 prospects)
As of Monday August 1, of those 38 students who attended:
9 are accepted or already enrolled
19 are current applicants
12 current prospects.
Also, on Friday, July 29, the Admissions Team hosted seven students from Junior Achievement who completed a shadowing event with Mercy Health at St. Vincent before coming to the college. These students came to campus for lunch, a presentation about programs offered at Mercy College, and finished in the simulation lab. Thank you to Dawn Borgerson and her team for hosting the students in the Simulation Center.
The summer picnic will take place on Wednesday, August 3 from 11a-1:30p in the McAuley Room (Mercy Campus). Tony Packos will be catering.
Reminder: Booster Campaign Underway
COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINATIONS
- This summer, we’re celebrating those who are taking the next step to protect themselves and their loved ones with a “Booster Bonus” sweepstakes.
- Now through Aug. 31, associates who’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine booster and submitted proof in Workday will be entered to win 10,000 Called to Shine points!
- The vaccine booster is voluntary, but an important way to practice self-care and keep your loved ones and community safe.
- Sweepstakes’ winners will be selected on Aug. 1 and Sept. 1.
- If you’ve already submitted your booster in Workday, you’re all set and eligible to win!
- Find FAQs, instructions for entering proof in Workday and more on BSMH Central.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
FormFaculty/Staff Weekly Email Article Submission Form
Fill out the form to submit an article for the following week's Faculty/Staff Newsletter.View Form