COVID-19 UpdatesJump to related links
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Mercy College's response to COVID-19Go
External LinkCARES Act Information
Information regarding the CARES Act funds distributed to Mercy CollegeVisit Link
Document .pdfFall Semester Week Fifteen Newsletter
Newsletter with important information regarding the fall 2020 semester.Download
Currently, the College plans to conduct classes (didactic content) in the online and/or digital-mediated format, and have students participate in on-campus activities such as skills labs, simulation activities, science labs, and attend clinical and practicum experiences at the respective sites. Based on the knowledge that we currently have; we are continuing in the same format being used for fall. This applies to both Toledo and Youngstown. There have been adjustments to the Spring 2021 schedule as noted below and in the video message from Dr. Wajert.
Spring 2021 Semester Schedule Updates
Given the continuation of the pandemic, spring break is being canceled the week of March 8-12, 2021. Two long weekends will be added in the place of spring break.
Spring Semester Date Updates/Information
- Monday, January 18, 2021: CLASSES CANCELLED; Business Operations of the College will be open.
- Friday, March 12, 2021: CLASSES CANCELLED; Business Operations of the College will be open.
- Friday, April 2, 2021: CLASSES CANCELLED, and COLLEGE CLOSED.
- Monday, April 5, 2021: CLASSES CANCELLED; Business Operations of the College will be open.
Due to the increasing numbers of students and faculty/staff who are in the Mercy College travel and exposure protocol led by our student health nurse Jennifer Barber, and our Incident Commander, Marc Adkins, the following plan of action is being implemented to continue to meet the needs of our students, faculty/staff with regard to their safety and well-being.
- Effective Wednesday, November 18, 2020, all classes will be moved to the virtual/remote/digital-mediated learning environment. Tuesday, November 17, 2020, will be the last day of on-campus activities unless it is an ATI, HESI or other scheduled examination. The rooms in which these exams take place should be staged appropriately with all students socially-distanced and wearing masks. Hand sanitizer and wipes should be used to clean all computer/desk stations before and after exams. The nursing skills lab will be open ONLY for students who need to practice and complete their skills check offs. All practice and check off appointments must be one-on-one . Other skills labs may meet only if they receive approval from the Incident Commander and show evidence that they must meet in-person, otherwise the requests will be denied. If you have any questions regarding in-person activities on campus, please contact Marc Adkins, Incident Commander.
- The week of November 16, 2020-November 20, 2020, the College will be open for URGENT situations only from 10am-3pm. The administrative schedule will continue during this week. Administrative Schedule is as follows: Monday: Wajert and Sancrant; Tuesday: Bates and Watson; Wednesday: Adkins, and Vatan; Thursday: Edgeworth and Stoos; and Friday: Erwin and Sprunk.
- The week of November 23, 2020, the College is only open two days: Monday, November 23, 2020 and Tuesday, November 24, 2020 from 10am-3pm for URGENT situations only and as noted above for testing and skills lab appointments. Administrative Schedule continues as above for Monday and Tuesday.
- The week of November 30-December 4, 2020, the College is open Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm and all make-up work must be completed during this week. All faculty who need to conduct make-up work for students must obtain approval from their manager and the Incident Commander. Administrative Schedule continues as noted above.
- The remaining weeks of the semester from December 7, 2020 through December 17, 2020, the College will be open minimal hours due to the increasing COVID numbers. The hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am-2pm. Students, faculty and staff should only be on campus for URGENT situations. Jefferson 6th floor will be the point of entry for students who need to study in the cubicles, use the computers, print papers, etc. The Administrative Schedule will continue as noted above and staff will be at the Jefferson 6th floor desk during the hours the College is open.
- The College will be open with faculty/staff working remotely from Friday, December 18, 2020 through Monday, January 4, 2021. (We will re-evaluate operations at the College prior to January 4, 2021 given the Coronavirus situation and numbers at the time.
- The holiday weeks of December 21, 2020 and December 28, 2020 the College will be open with all faculty/staff working remotely, except the holidays (December 25, 2020 and January 1, 2021). The College will be open and faculty/staff will work remotely on December 24, 2020 and December 31, 2020 unless PTO is taken for those days.
- Youngstown will follow the same schedule. Please check with Dr. Pat McAllen and/or Kim Pavel if you have questions.
- Thank you for all you have done to keep the College a safe place during the last 12 weeks! We thank you also for being flexible as we move forward with the remaining weeks of the semester and into the new year!! We continue to be agile, dedicated and Mercy Strong!
- As you prepare for the holidays, we ask that you continue to think of the health and well-being of your families and friends, your Mercy colleagues, and please remember to take care of yourself. This will be a difficult and challenging holiday season and we want to keep everyone safe and healthy. Many blessings to all of as we enter the holiday season.
President, Mercy College of Ohio
Offices via Remote Access
Please be reminded that all offices at the College are now working remotely and your questions will be answered in the timeliest manner possible. Everyone greatly appreciates your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Please email the department that you need instead of calling. This will facilitate a faster response with all of the College offices. Department email addresses are:
Financial Aid - email@example.com
Bursar’s Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Office - email@example.com
Mercy College Information Technology - firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility Services - ADA504@mercycollege.edu
Campus Life - Studentlife@mercycollege.edu
Clinical Compliance Background Checks - email@example.com
Distance Education Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Pantry - email@example.com
Student Affairs - StudentAffairs@mercycollege.edu
Title IX - Titleix@mercycollege.edu
If you have any questions, please use the “Ask a Question” form below. The Director of Communication is forwarding all questions to the appropriate faculty/staff member to get your questions answered in a timely manner.