Attend a session to learn more about program options. Check out dates and sign up to attend.
High School Direct Admit BSN Nursing Prelicensure
Mercy College of Ohio offers a Direct Admit Initiative called Direct EDGE (Early Decision Guaranteed Enrollment). High School seniors who meet the grade point average (GPA) and ACT or SAT requirements are accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program to start in the fall following graduation from High School. After three semesters of prescribed general education coursework is successfully completed, students begin the nursing coursework.
This option is specifically designed for high school seniors with:
- A minimum 3.3 grade point average, and
- A minimum composite ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1160 or higher.
High school students who are accepted in the direct admit BSN program will begin at Mercy College in the fall semester following their May/June high school graduation.
The Direct Admit initiative is a full-time four-year program that gives qualified students an advantage in a competitive market. Students must meet the following criteria during their college coursework:
- Maintenance of at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale throughout your Mercy College coursework with a 3.0 average in the science courses.
- Successful completion of all prerequisite courses and be eligible for the nursing major courses within three semesters of initial enrollment.
- Students will not have to apply to begin the upper-level nursing courses.
Priority Review Date for Admission to BSN Direct Admit Program
Priority Review Date: January 15
New students meeting requirements for the Direct EDGE program criteria, must have a completed admissions file, all transcripts received, by the priority review date. Check with an admissions officer for questions regarding the priority review date.