Check out dates and sign up to attend.
Online Classes: Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Leadership
Mercy College of Ohio offers a Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Leadership, consisting of four specialty courses in nursing leadership (12 credit hours) that will prepare Master’s educated nurses to be leaders in healthcare organizations, and progress toward meeting the eligibility requirements of the American Organization of Nurse Executive Credentialing Center (AONE-CC), and American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), to take the Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) examination.
Preparation for a role in nursing leadership allows nurses to develop skills in leadership that will support their advancement into nursing administration, management, or other leadership roles in a variety of practice environments. This professional development allows nurses to oversee the care coordination for patients, assess risks, develop quality improvement strategies, facilitate team communication, develop health policy and implement evidence-based solutions at the unit or systems level.
Source: American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Sample program of study for Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Leadership.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|NUR 535||Leadership and Strategic Management for Advanced Nursing Roles||3|
|NUR 540||Healthcare Systems and Organization for Nurse Leaders||3|
|NUR 545||Strategic Management of Human Resources||3|
|NUR 555||Financial Management in Healthcare||3|
Curriculum effective Fall 2019. For students enrolled prior to Fall 2019, please reference the Mercy College catalog.
A student seeking admission to the MSN Post-Graduate Certificate must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed graduate application with required documents.
- Possess a degree in nursing at the master’s level or higher from a regionally accredited institution and a professionally accredited (ACEN or CCNE) program.
- Submit official transcripts from higher education institution(s) where the master’s in nursing degree was earned and any subsequent coursework thereafter.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 scale on graduate coursework.
- Proof of an active unencumbered RN license.