The online Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership (GCHL) is designed for working professionals who want to advance their healthcare professional knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities. The GCHL program offers a career-relevant and learner-centered curriculum that is delivered entirely online. The GCHL Program will provide students with essential knowledge and skills required for today’s healthcare leader.
A student that completes the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership program will be able to:
- Explain the organizational and operational principles of the U.S. healthcare system.
- Apply the standard principles of leadership, communication, organizational culture within a healthcare environment.
- Describe the essential fiscal drivers necessary for value creation within healthcare organizations.
- Employ best practices required to support, develop, and motivate a healthcare workforce.
Students seeking admission to the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership program must complete the following:
- Submit a completed graduate program application with required documents and any fees.
- Submit official transcripts from the bachelor degree granting higher education institution and all graduate-level transcripts.
- An applicant with less than 40 credit hours on the bachelor degree granting transcript will be required to provide additional transcripts.
- An applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an institution that is approved/accredited by a recognized accreditor and a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- An applicant with a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an institution with accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that is not listed above may be granted provision admission.
- Submit a current professional resume or Curriculum Vitae.
To qualify for the Graduate Healthcare Leadership Certificate students must complete all of the following program requirements:
Required Courses Credit Hours
Complete All of the Following Courses:
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|HCA 510||Healthcare Delivery in the United States||3|
|HCA 525||Healthcare Human Resource Management||3|
|HCA 535||Healthcare Financial Management||3|
|HCA 550||Healthcare Leadership, Communications, and Organizational Culture||3|