Check out the upcoming sessions! Learn More
November 30, 2021
News from the Enrollment Division:
- Today, Tuesday, November 30 is Giving Tuesday. Please take a moment to use the link, https://foundation.mercy.com/mercycollege2021 to donate to Mercy College to provide support to our students for the Student Emergency Fund. Gifts given today will be matched by a very generous anonymous donor if there are $2500 in contributions. In addition, if we can raise $10,000 today Jacqueline McNally Kruse (Mercy 1991) and Jordan Kruse will provide a matching gift of $10,000! Thank you for your support!
- The Admissions team is diligently working to recruit students for Spring semester. The credit hour goal for Spring is 10,148 credit hours. As of today, November 29, we have 897 students enrolled for a total of 8,142.5 credit hours. Students enroll in an average of 9 credit hours thus our headcount for Spring needs to be 1,128 students. We need to enroll at least 237 additional students for Spring.
To date we have 56 new students registered for Spring 22. We have accepted 129 new students into programs for the Spring so we have several more students to get registered. In addition, in reviewing the weekly report from the Registrar’s Office we have 350 continuing students who are eligible to register that have not done so yet and 111 students who are currently on business holds.
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, December 1, Admissions is hosting Healthcare Worker Wednesday (HWW). This virtual information session will spotlight all of our programs to prospective students. As of Monday, November 29 we had 35 prospective students registered to attend HWW. Admissions will be sending text messages to prospective students over the next two days to remind students and encourage their attendance.
- Screening of applications is underway for the two open Admission Officer positions. Interviews will be conducted over the next couple of weeks with the hope of identifying outstanding and diverse candidates. I will keep you updated on the search and hiring process.
- New students for the Spring semester have been notified by email and text message of the vaccination requirement beginning on January 4 for students attending in-person courses. We have also added information regarding the vaccination mandate to the HWW powerpoint. Admissions will continue to notify the new students and all students within the enrollment funnel of this requirement.
- On Tuesday, November 16, Mercy College hosted 14 young men from St. Francis High School in Toledo for a tour of campus and presentation on Leadership and Management. The presenters for this session were Jodi Pahl, Chief Nursing Officer for the Samaritan Group and Michelle Burchin, from St. Rita’s. The session was very well received by all who attended. Fr. Joseph Newman, the teacher for this Leadership course at St. Francis let us know that the young men found the presentation so beneficial that they were discussing and sharing what they learned in class the next day! This presentation is part of the Mercy Health, Mercy College, St. Francis Partnership that we have developed. The partnership is a three-year partnership and will bring the students to campus several times over the next couple of years. Our ultimate goal is to recruit some of the students to attend Mercy College and introduce them to the robust opportunities within healthcare and possibly employ them within Mercy Health in the future.
- The Admissions team continues to conduct high school visits if possible and attend college and transfer fairs to recruit students for both Spring and Fall semesters.
If you have questions on these items or would like to know more about the activities within the Enrollment Division, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any member of the team. We are happy to answer questions and provide information.
The Enrollment team wishes you all a safe and happy holiday season.
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steven Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Students' Interprofessional Teaching Poster Presentations
Submitted by Jennifer Keiser
Mercy's BSN nursing students, in their Professional Nursing Concepts I course, are proud to share their small group Interprofessional Teaching Poster Presentations to the Mercy College community. Please support our students and visit their presentations on Friday, December 10th between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. in room J6207. Learn more about current health promotion and teaching. All are encouraged to visit during the open time.
Giving Tuesday is TODAY!
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
If $2,500 is donated today to Mercy College, an anonymous donor will provide a matching gift of $2,500. If $10,000 is donated today, Jacqueline McNally Kruse (Mercy 1991) and Jordan Kruse will provide a matching gift of $10,000!
Donations can be made at https://foundation.mercy.com/mercycollege2021 or can be dropped off to the 6th floor Jefferson Alumni Office!
Questions? Contact Hannah Bohn- Coordinator of Alumni/Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-251-8993.
Thank you for your generosity and for continually supporting our students!!
Holiday Giving Campaign: Weekly Results AND DOUBLE POINTS!
Submitted by Melanie Rockhill
This week Team Donner stays in the lead with 378 points! Thank you to everyone who has contributed thus far, let's keep those donations coming! Our next pop-up raffle will be this Friday, December 3rd.
DON'T FORGET! TODAY, Giving Tuesday, all Student Emergency Fund donations made will contribute to a donor match AND you will get double points! PLUS there will be a special drawing on December 1st for all Student Emergency Fund donors who gave on Giving Tuesday. Get your donations in for a shot at winning a Kelices Deep Tissue Percussion Massage Gun!
As a reminder, please make monetary donations online using this link: http://foundation.mercy.com/mercycollege2021, and then record your donation in the campaign Wufoo in order to be counted toward your team's total and raffle.
RSVP by 11/30 for the Auxiliary Christmas Luncheon
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
The Mercy College Auxiliary invites you to their annual Christmas Luncheon at the Toledo Country Club on December 8th at 11am. During the luncheon there will be a performance by Central Catholic High School choir, 50/50, raffle baskets, door prizes, and dinner. All guests are required to wear a mask.
Pre-Registration is required. RSVP online at https://tinyurl.com/AuxiliaryChristmasLuncheon or by contacting Hannah Bohn at 419-251-8993 / email@example.com
Admission is $38.00 per person.
Get Your Shots!
Associates are required to receive their full COVID-19 vaccination by Jan. 4, 2022, in alignment with new, federal policies. In order to meet this deadline, associates who plan to receive a two-dose regimen should receive their first dose no later than Dec. 7, 2021 (Moderna) or Dec. 14, 2021 (Pfizer). The requirement extends to all W-2 employees (includes adjuncts), all contracted employees (includes those who are on consulting contracts) and all agency faculty.
All associates are also required to receive their annual flu vaccination by Jan. 4, 2022.
Mercy Holiday Feast
Please mark your calendars and join us for the Mercy Campus Holiday Feast at the Toledo campus on:
DATE: Thursday, December 9
TIME: 11a – 1:30p
Deadlines to complete required learning are approaching!
Visit Workday to complete your required learning.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
FormFaculty/Staff Weekly Email Article Submission Form
Fill out the form to submit an article for the following week's Faculty/Staff Newsletter.View Form