Check out the upcoming sessions! Learn More
June 24, 2019
What's Happening in Student Affairs - June 2019
- DASH Emergency Grant – To date, assisted 140 students with over $150,000 in funds.
- Pathways for Success – collaborating with Mercy Foundation to identify donor(s) or grant-funding to increase award amount and students served.
- Maxient - confidential record-keeping/sharing software – implementation scheduled for September 2019. Some of the departments to use the software will be Student Conduct, CARE Team, Retention, Accessibility Services, Title IX and Compliance, and Academic Integrity.
- Smarthinking - 24/7 online tutoring software, available for all Mercy College undergraduate and graduate students.
- Tracy Darr has taken over the duties as the Writing Tutor in the Student Success Center. She will be working to increase the online presence, collaborating with Youngstown, as well as the graduate faculty, in better serving their population of students.
- Retention software – Starfish, looking to purchase during the fall semester. For additional information, please contact Kristen Porter.
- SGA Leadership for 2019-2020 – Amanda Hohlfelder - President, Kelsey Sullivan – Vice President, Brandon Hoobler – Director of Finance, and Matt Norris – Director of Communication. Meetings will be held bi-weekly, on Mondays at 5:15 p.m., starting September 9.
- Hoffman Ambassadors and Leaders Scholars Program applications deadline – August 1st!
- Mr. Chris Mitchell, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, began his duties on June 5. Chris is located on the 5th floor Madison, in room 5808.
- The Youngstown location's final SOAR date this summer is scheduled Friday, July 19.
- The Toledo campus has SOAR scheduled for Monday, July 15 and Wednesday, July 17. Please make sure your offices are adequately staffed.
- The 3rd Annual Alumni Weekend Walk is scheduled for Saturday, September 21. For additional information, please contact Deanna Vatan.
- The 3rd Annual Student Leader Retreat is scheduled for Friday, August 23 at The Pines in Fremont. For additional information, please contact Deanna Vatan.
- Exploration of a Mercy Experience course/requirement with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs will begin Fall of 2019.
- The Annual Student Affairs Retreat will occur on Friday, June 28 at the Ward Pavilion. The focus will be on division assessment and planning for HLC. Special guests will be Dr. Trevor Bates and Dr. Kim Watson.
- The following reporting moves will become effective on Monday, July 1. These moves are part of the division restructuring that will provide a best-practices structure. This new structure will promote effective collaborations with faculty and staff, allow us to better serve our students, and enhance the college’s retention efforts.
• Kristen Porter (Career Development and Retention) – Report to Dr. Lisa Sancrant in the Student Success Center
• Annie DeVine (Campus Ministry and Service Learning) – Report to Deanna Vatan
• Lisa Sancrant – Title change: Assistant Dean of Student Success
• Deanna Vatan – Title change: Assistant Dean of Student Life
- The Student Affairs staff members listed below will be relocating their offices, effective Monday, June 24, as part of the aforementioned restructuring.
• Kristen Porter – relocate to Madison 1703
• Suzanne Hall – relocate to Madison 5720
• Annie DeVine – relocate to Madison 5706
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
HIT Program Site Visit Schedule for June 26 and June 27
Submitted by Angela Lust
There will be a CAHIIM Site Visit for the Health Information Technology (HIT) Program on Wednesday and Thursday, June 26 – 27, 2019. There will be 4 visitors for these 2 days.
Regina Glenn: Team Leader
Renae Spohn: Team Member
Pat Peterson: CAHIIM Representative
Holly Jones: Observer
Please welcome them when they are here for their visit.
Associate Professor, HIT/Medical Coding Program Director
Want the latest news about negotiations between Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center and the UAW?
Submitted by Denise Hudgin
Make sure you are equipped with facts and fully informed!
The site is updated regularly.
Items Sent to Students via Inside Mercy College
Mercy Café Menu - see above
HIT Program Site Visit - see above
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
FormFaculty/Staff Weekly Email Article Submission Form
Fill out the form to submit an article for the following week's Faculty/Staff Newsletter.View Form