Get more info at Healthcare Worker Wednesday. Learn more.
July 15, 2019
Academic Affairs Updates - July 2019
Colleagues, please accept my sincere and humble thank you to the Mercy College community for all that you do to support the teaching and learning experience of Mercy College students.
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS ADMINISTRATIVE STRUCTURE
The following functional areas are within the Division of Academic Affairs.
The leader of each area serves as a member of Academic Council reporting directly to the VPAA.
- Division of Nursing (Dr. Elizabeth Sprunk) - Taryn Slack will begin as a new faculty member in nursing in August.
- Division of Health Sciences (Dr. Kimberly Watson)
- Division of Arts and Sciences (Dr. Barbara Stoos)
- Office of Student Records and Institutional Research (Mr. Mark McKellip)
- Department of Distance Education and Teaching Resources (Dr. Daniel French)
- Library Services (Vacant Director)
- Academic Administrator (Mrs. Beverly Miller)
- DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY SERVICES - please plan to attend the open candidate interview sessions on Monday and Weds at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the 6th floor of Jefferson
- The new Director will oversee a search for a Library Assistant to replace Ms. Juliette Herbert
- The Division of Arts and Sciences is searching for a Religion and a Psychology faculty
- The Division of Health Sciences is searching for several faculty and staff members to support the developing Physician Assistant Program
- The Division of Nursing is searching for an Assistant Dean and BSN Program Director
GRANT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The College is pursuing a Title III Grant to help the College support underserved students.
Our proposal will focus on three areas of growth and improvement:
- Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (new)
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Simulation (new)
- Student Success Center (existing)
The Health Information Technology Program recently completed a site visit with the accreditor CAHIIM. The exit meeting was very positive and we expect a strong positive outcome.
The HLC Steering Committee and Criterion Committees continue to meet through the summer as the College continues preparation for the Nov 18-19 site visit.
Many forms produced by the Office of Student Records have been updated and streamlined. The new forms will be available in the 2019-2020 College Catalog and/or website. Please contact the Office with questions.
FACULTY AND STAFF HANDBOOK
The Handbook is currently under review. The goal for completion is prior to the August College Planning Days.
The Academic Council members including all professional program directors, academic program directors, and Academic Deans will attend the first annual Academic Leadership Retreat.
Please contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Academic Affairs.
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Midstory Gala and Expo August 3
Submitted by Anna DiAsio
Come downtown to the Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza on August 3 and attend Midstory's gala and expo for "A City in Transit." Midstory is a local non-profit founded by four young Midwesterners and friends of Anna DiAsio, Data Specialist in the Nursing Division, who are passionate about Toledo's future. The gala and expo is a free community event to showcase the city's present as it transits through change. Attendees will be ushered into the sound and lights of trains, bringing them into a space for moving forward together. This event is fun for the whole family with over 1000 attendees, 100 different exhibitions, food, music, car show, art gallery, and Kid's corner. Representatives from local non-profits, businesses, educational institutions, and civic leaders will all be present. It's an event you don't want to miss!
WHERE: 300 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., Toledo, OH 43604
WHEN: Saturday, August 3, 4:00-9:00 p.m.
For more information, you can contact Anna DiAsio at email@example.com or visit Midstory Flyer.
Items Sent to Students via Inside Mercy College
Mercy Café Menu - see above
Summer Online Textbook Buyback
submitted by Beverly Miller
Mercy College and Matthews Medical Books have partnered to offer all students the opportunity to sell their used textbooks. Visit www.mercyohbooks.com July 22 through August 16 for instructions, pricing, and to sell your used textbooks.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.