December 22, 2020
Student Affairs Updates
For Divine Fellowship on Christmas and Into the New Year
For those whose hearts are battered by sorrow or broken relationships, for those whose lives know only conflict and confusion, for those whose bodies are tired and tested beyond their ability to endure this year, draw them close to You. Let them know You are still the same Jesus who was sent by a heavenly Father who offered not condemnation for our sins, but love and forgiveness—and daily, divine fellowship.
We need your peace and joy. You’ve promised rest for the weary, victory for the battle-scarred, peace for the anxious, and acceptance for the broken hearted—not just at Christmas, but every day of every year. (Crosswalk.com, 2020)
-Campus Resources - students, faculty & staff in dealing with recent racial and social injustice events
A. Counseling and Wellness - contact Suzanne Hall at (419) 251-1454 or email@example.com. Youngstown, contact Ann Bair at (330) 480-2874 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Please access the Counseling & Wellness webpage or the Student Success folder on Canvas.
B. Campus Ministry and Pastoral Care - contact Annie Devine at (419) 251-1866, email@example.com, or the Campus Ministry page.
C. Life Matters (Faculty & Staff) - call 877-692-7780 or text “Hello” to 61295. Additional information for Life Matters is on the Mercy Health Hub.
- SOAR for On-line Programs – conversations will begin in January 2021 in transitioning on-boarding for students in on-line programs from Admissions to Student Affairs.
-Welcome Back Boxes – Due to positive student feedback starting the fall semester, Welcome Back Boxes have been assembled by Student Affairs staff and will be sent out to all new, land-based, students for the spring semester.
- Mercy College Food Pantry – Access the link to see how you can contribute to the pantry and continue to serve our students in need. Link: Food Pantry.
- Journey to Success – Different success topic every week, for 8 weeks, delivered by Student Affairs staff. Due to the positive feedback from students and faculty, this will return for the spring semester.
- Director of Diversity & Inclusion search – The search ended without an offer being extended to a candidate. Moving forward the position will be re-posted in January. Revisions will be made to the process in an effort to attract a deeper applicant pool.
- Early Alert Form – If you have students that are struggling academically, please utilize the Early Alert Form to initiate a collaborative and supportive approach to success. Access the link here: Early Alert Referral.
- Concern and Complaint Form – If you are aware of students struggling outside the classroom, use the Concern and Complaint Form. To access and complete the form, click here: Concern and Complaint Form.
If you have questions or comments regarding the information presented, or with the Division of Student Affairs, please do not hesitate to contact Marc Adkins, Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students. Happy Holidays!
Marc Adkins , MEd, BS : Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students
- phone icon 419-251-1512
- mail icon firstname.lastname@example.org
- location icon M5807
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Staff Council Updates
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
Thank you to everyone that attended the Home Holiday Hangout on Friday, December 11! We had over 50 faculty/staff join us for games and fun galore. Thank you Noah Foster for being an incredible host for the event!
The winners of the Holiday Spirit Contest are...
Kristen Porter, Sherri Boggs, and Dawn Borgerson! Congratulations! You will each receive an e-gift card to Amazon!
Pictures of the winning photos can be seen at the link below.
Holiday Spirit Photos
All Staff are invited to Staff Council's first Spring 2021 semester meeting on Thursday, January 21 at 2pm, where we will have Marc Adkins and Lori Edgeworth as guest speakers to share updates from their divisions and answer questions.
If you have suggestions for professional/personal development topics that Staff Council should consider for Spring 2021, questions that you would like to ask Marc, Lori, or Hannah (Staff Council Chair), or updates from your department that are pertinent for all staff to be aware of, please send these to the Staff Council email at email@example.com by Tuesday, January 19 at 5 p.m.
Monthly Alumni Newsletters
Submitted by Hannah Bohn
Beginning in June 2020, the Alumni Department began publishing electronic Alumni newsletters which are emailed to all Mercy College alumni every month. These newsletters focus on providing Mercy alumni an experience which is informative, engaging and fun! They share updates from campus, current student/alumni spotlights, volunteer/fundraising opportunities, and more! To view previous Alumni Newsletters, visit the Alumni and Friends page of the website and click the "Stay Informed" tab. If you would like to receive future Alumni newsletters, contact Hannah Bohn, Coordinator of Alumni/Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
Submit Your Article
The deadline to submit articles for Inside Mercy College and the Faculty & Staff Newsletter is Wednesday at 5pm.