Check out the upcoming sessions! Learn More
August 16, 2022
Mercy Café Menu
Submitted by Steve Joyce
Mercy Café Menu
Reminder: Enrollment & Employment One Stop Shop for Nursing Students
Mercy College and Mercy Health are inviting prospective nursing students to take the first step toward a nursing degree and securing employment at one location, in one day! Prospective students are to bring transcripts, and their resume and first talk to the Mercy College admissions team about registering for the upcoming semester, and then talk to Mercy Health recruiters about an entry-level position within the ministry. Nursing students working for the health system can receive tuition assistance that covers 100% of their education expenses.
Saturday, August 20
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This event is exclusively for those who seek:
• Enrollment into a nursing program for Fall 2022
• Starting your career with Mercy Health*
• Access to 100% tuition-free education
*Eligible employees must work a minimum of 6 hours per week to qualify for tuition assistance.
Mercy College Physician Assistant Students' White Coat Ceremony
Mercy College of Ohio’s inaugural class of Physician Assistant students is moving from classroom-based learning to blossoming professionals in the clinical world. This milestone was marked with a White Coat Ceremony on Friday, August 12.
PA student Rachel Trouten says, "The white coat ceremony symbolizes being one step closer to pursuing my passion of practicing medicine and improving the lives of those in my community."
The donning of the white coat marks the students’ transition into the clinical phase of their education. It represents professionalism, compassion, and healing. As the Class of 2023 embarks on the clinical year, wearing their white coat is the first physical symbol of their journey to becoming the best PAs they can be.
The White Coat Ceremony is an iconic ritual that emphasizes compassionate, collaborative, scientifically excellent care from the very first day of training in the healthcare professions highlighting the importance of humanism in all care of patients.
Dawn LaBarbera, PhD, PA-C, Program Director and Professor of the Physician Assistant Program, says, “We have had the great honor to see amazing growth in this group of students over this past year and are happy to celebrate this achievement with them.”
The ceremony included an address by Richard Paat, MD, FACP, Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Toledo College of Medicine. Dr. Paat was selected to address the students in recognition of his commitment to service, providing medical care at area free medical clinics, treating area unhomed individuals, and around the world in response to disasters.
Reminder: Booster Campaign Continues Through August 31
COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINATIONS
- This summer, we’re celebrating those who are taking the next step to protect themselves and their loved ones with a “Booster Bonus” sweepstakes.
- Now through August 31, associates who’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine booster and submitted proof in Workday will be entered to win 10,000 Called to Shine points!
- The vaccine booster is voluntary, but an important way to practice self-care and keep your loved ones and community safe.
- The next sweepstakes winners will be selected on September 1.
- If you’ve already submitted your booster in Workday, you’re all set and eligible to win!
- Find FAQs, instructions for entering proof in Workday and more on BSMH Central.
Send a message to Dr. Wajert using this link.
FormFaculty/Staff Weekly Email Article Submission Form
Fill out the form to submit an article for the following week's Faculty/Staff Newsletter.View Form