As partners in furthering the academic success of our students, the library staff maintains resources that support the programs of Mercy College, provides access to information beyond our Library, promotes information literacy, and encourages lifelong learning.
- We have a core collection of books and audiovisuals that serve as supplemental resources to the texts and other materials used in the classroom. We do not purchase textbooks, but have some textbooks available for use in the Library that were donated by graduating students.
- We subscribe to some print journals and also provide digital journals with links posted at the bottom of the Library Proxy Page. Many more journals are available full text online through the databases.
- We subscribe to databases that provide citations and full text articles for student and faculty research.
Through our membership in OPAL (Ohio Private Academic Libraries) we have access to OhioLINK resources and materials held in academic libraries throughout Ohio. The library staff can also help you obtain articles and other materials not available in our library or through OhioLINK.
Faculty are encouraged to perform their own literature searches; however, the librarians will perform research for faculty upon request.
Supplemental readings and videos can be posted in the Canvas course shells, but occasionally, when technology won’t allow this, items can be placed in the Library for students to use there.
Any borrowed or reproduced item used in the classroom should be examined by the instructor to determine the need for copyright permission. It is the responsibility of the instructor to obtain copyright permission, if needed. The librarians can assist in this process.
Bibliographic Instruction for Students
The librarians can provide bibliographic instruction for classes upon request. The librarians can spend 15 minutes to an hour to introduce the most relevant research tools to your students. Please make your request by phone or by email to the Library Director at least two weeks in advance, since databases and websites often change their look, and time is needed to revise handouts. Individual student instruction is also available by appointment with the librarians.
To access the library resources, you will need a library barcode number. If you do not have a barcode number, contact:
Mercy College Library
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 419-251-1700
- Toll Free Phone Number: 1-888-80-MERCY Toll Free
- Location: First floor Madison
- Hours: Open 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m (M–Th), 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (F)