Get more info at Healthcare Worker Wednesday. Learn more.
Outstanding Faculty or Staff Service AwardJump to related links
The Recognition of Excellence is an opportunity for our Mercy College of Ohio community to celebrate the successes and recognize the excellent work of our student, faculty, and staff members. All Mercy College of Ohio students, faculty, and staff are invited to nominate their peers and colleagues.
Outstanding Faculty Service and Outstanding Staff Service
This award is designed to foster an ethos of contribution to the life of the College through the encouragement of service to the campus and its constituents, as well as to its surrounding communities.
- Eligible recipients of this award include Mercy College current full-time staff, with a minimum of one year of service to the College, and teaching faculty who hold the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor with a minimum of one year of service to the College. For the purpose of this award, a “staff member” is considered a Mercy College employee who does not have full-time faculty status.
- The award, presented to one staff member and to one faculty per year, and includes a plaque and support to implement a service learning project involving a student or students as approved by their designated vice-president.
- For the purpose of this award, a “staff member” is considered a Mercy College employee who does not have full-time faculty status.
- Individuals will be considered based on evidence and examples provided in the nomination. Examples of exemplary service at the program/department/division level, college level, broader community level and professional service in state, national, or professional organizations related to the nominee’s discipline will be taken into consideration.
Please note the following:
- All nominations must be completed and submitted before 5 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020.
- A separate form must be submitted for each individual nominee.
- Incomplete or anonymous nominations will not be considered.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- It is very important that you receive an email confirming your submission or an error may have occurred.
- All completed submissions for the Spirit of Mercy and Outstanding Service awards will be reviewed by a nomination committee comprised of Mercy College students, faculty, and staff. Nominations for the faculty-specific awards will be reviewed by the Rank and Promotion Committee.
Questions regarding the nomination process or the Recognition of Excellence can be directed to Deanna Vatan, Director of Student Life, at 419-251-2133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.