Leader Scholar ProgramJump to related links
The Mercy College of Ohio Leader Scholar Program provides a unique opportunity for selected students to embark upon a personal leadership journey of reflection and discovery while serving our community and earning a $500 per semester (fall and spring) scholarship.
- Is based on the concepts and characteristics of the servant leadership model.
- Assumes that leadership is learned.
- Aligns with the vision, mission, and values of the institution, specifically focusing on further developing students who will lead and serve in the global community and who are committed to intellectual inquiry, social engagement, and lifelong learning.
- Explore a variety of leadership theories and principles in an effort to better inform their own leadership philosophy and foundation.
- Shadow individuals in leadership roles both at Mercy College, within the Mercy Health system, as well as in the community.
- Attend and actively participate in the Student Leader Retreat, held annually in August.
- Complete a minimum of 100 service hours.
- Have regularly scheduled meetings with the program advisor, the Director of Student Life.
2018–2019 Leaders Scholars